I have already written a review about hubpages a few months back and I think it is the right time to come up with another great article on this revenue sharing site, although it’s a long time gap after I wrote the prior one.
If you are not earning a reasonable income with hubpages, then you have finally come to the right place. Unlike making money with a niche blog, it’s harder to earn money with hubpages. I’ve been using this site from the last three years and I really have had a very bad income. If I were writing in a blog other than hubpages I would have earned three times more than I made here.
Leaving my horrible days with hubpages, in this post I’m going to reveal a few secrets I used to earn more money at hubpages during my early days to still today.
What Is Hubpages And How It works ?
Hubpages is a revenue sharing site that earns money from google adsense and amazon, and shares the revenue with the writers. It’s a win-win-win method, in which all the three (advertisers, writers, and hubpages) get benefit.
Hubpages shares 60% of its total revenue with their writers (it’s you), and keeps the remaining for themselves. I don’t think an article writing site is good for the writers unless it offers ninty percent to the writers. But like us, they are also money minded. They want to make the most out of their websites and leave the writer’s hard work to the air. We cannot easily describe how much work a writer had to put to complete a 1000 word article with four related images and a video.
When hubpages was first launched, it was a very easy method to make income online by writing hubs about products and the buzz things, then selling the related things from amazon through that hub. But now it’s a completely different thing, you have the possibility to live here only if you are writing for the readers without being money minded, still you earn money though.
So, you should have instead searched for ‘how to get more traffic to hubpages’ rather than ‘how to earn more money at hubpages’. In a sense, the above two concepts are same, but the way you approach to the success will be different, actually the former one is safer.
Tips To Earn More Money At Hubpages
A word for the wise – ‘all you need to increase your earnings is to increase the traffic, but nothing else’. I don’t think you are reading this for the first time; I only wanted you to remember it at every second in your life with hubpages. A few ideas I learned during my hubpages journey are given below, which would help you multiple your hubpages earnings.
- Write as many hubs as you can. Whatever you did, you’re doing now and you will do – the only thing you should remember is ‘the more you write, the more you earn’. That’s the first idea. Whatever comes to your mind or interests you for that day, make it a hub with full of text and a few images. Writing has never been hard for me, but I won’t propel you if you do not have enough time for doing this. One more thing is – don’t write dummy or low quality hubs that do not help the readers in any cause. This is the best way to increase your hubpages earnings.
- Increase the hub length. These days, hubpages has been very strict with the text length of the hubs. They are asking the writers to write atleast 700 words in every article, but the actual safe length is anything above thousand words. If you consider in SEO perspective, this rule of writing more than 1K words per hub stands firm. You’ll have the better possibility of ranking your hub in the first page of google and generate some good quality backlinks, at the same time avoid the deletion of your hub by the moderators.
- Add some beautiful pictures. The actual hard work for a writer comes here. You need to put atleast two or three related images in each of your hub. It helps you get more backlinks from other sites or hubs, and sends your hub top to the search results. Many times you can use images from the web with mentioning the source or copyright, but sometimes you’ll have to create your own images for your hubs to let hubpages know that you are a serious content creator, and not just a money maker.
- Interact with other writers. One of my best ideas to extend my hubs exposure is to interact with other hub writers with comments on their hubs. All you need to do is – find hubbers with similar interests as yours, follow them and comment on their new hubs in an interactive way. When you read their hubs, most probably you get one or two doubts which you should ask them without any hesitation. The more times you interact with them, the more times they’ll follow back to your hubs. They may also link your hubs in theirs if they find your content valuable.
- Get backlinks to your hubs. As said before many times by many people, backlinks fuel your content to the top results of any search engine. Out of all other google is the top search engine in the web, so you must consider following their set of rules. They really have a good rule that you must not build your links yourself to get ranked higher. If you write quality content that helps the readers and gives you links naturally, then you’re safe.
- Sell related amazon products.Amazon is the top revenue source for the hubpages writers, besides google adsense. The difference between these two is –adsense doesn’t provide you the chance to choose the specific ads that suit your content, but amazon does. You can put any product ad in your hubs and get commissions when someone buys the product. In my early days I used to write reviews on products and earn more money at hubpages with this trick. But now they do not allow you to write product promotional hubs to maintain the quality of their website.
- Make your hubs interactive. Most probably people search articles or guides online for solving their problems. Let’s consider that a person is searching for good antivirus software for his/her computer, and he’s in your hub (e.g : list of top antivirus softwares) at the moment. You must be interactive in the specification of each of the software in your article to make him understand one better from the other. Put your affiliate link of a new software in the recommended section. Then you’ll have a good chance of converting that person to become a referral of you to the new antivirus software that he didn’t use before. You get commission when each reader is converted into a referral to you, thus increase your hubpages earnings.
- Follow the top hubbers. It’s always good to follow the path that successful people were gone through in their early days. It’s also important to remember that what worked for them may or may not work for you. But in this case, you may increase your knowledge by reading the hubs written by top hubpages earners. Try to write or structure your hubs as they did or doing, and make it interesting for people to read your stories or hubs.
Hubpages referral program
The latest buzz from hubpages is – you earn 10% of referral impressions for life time. That means you’ll earn revenue from one tenth of your referrals total views. If a few of your referrals become viral writers then you can see money rolling into your account without any work. Surprisingly, you’ll earn for a life time.
But, how you can get active writers as referrals? Asking a facebook friend to join under you wouldn’t be a great idea. The good idea is – refer those who are already writing in some other revenue sharing or article directory sites. If you can do so, then you can earn good money from hubpages affiliate or referral program.
These are all the tips I can offer for my readers to earn more money from hubpages. Reading these things wouldn’t help, but implementing them would do. At the start you may not earn a lot of money as you are expecting. It definitely takes time to see things flying on your way. One last suggestion is – do not stop writing.